Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake Cake

Yesterday, I came across this cake recipe on the Pioneer Woman website and couldn't resist making it. It was absolutely AMAZING! It tasted as good as it looks. The first two photos are from her website and the last one is mine. Not as pretty, but I'm quite sure just as tasty. I also made another recipe from her site, Bowtie Lasagna. Not going to post that link because I wasn't very impressed, but Wilson did say "I like this mush you cooked for us Mom!". I think that was a compliment, but maybe he was just buttering me up for a piece of cake. Try it if you like, but I'm not recommending it. Ben rated the cake an 8 3/4 which I think is crap! I just think he was trying to prove himself right because earlier in the day when I was making it and describing it to him, he said "I bet it isn't going to be as good as you think." (If I knew how to make the little face with the tongue sticking out with the keyboard I would have posted it right here at him) I will admit I did say that I would have liked it better without so much icing, but other than that it was a 9 3/4 at worst. And BTW, he ate two pieces last night which doesn't coincide with his 8 3/4 rating. Now I just have to decide who to share it with so we don't eat the whole thing ourselves.
http://http//thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/05/strawberry-shortcakecake/




Hoping Ben will see this photo and be motivated to get my good camera fixed or better yet buy me a new one.


No comments:

Post a Comment