Thursday, July 15, 2010

Almost Perfect Pesto


my pesto

Last night for dinner I made Balsamic Garlic chicken and Bowties with Pesto, Feta, and Cherry Tomatoes. The chicken was outstanding and so easy! I made my own pesto, which I was really excited about, because it has been something I've always wanted to do and I was able to use large amounts of the basil we have growing in our garden.




I always have Ben rate my food on a 1 to 10 scale. The chicken was rated a 9.5... I think it was a 10, but Ben argues that chicken can never be a 10. He says "lobster is a 10, a good filet is a 10." "You can't compare chicken to lobster" I tell him, "you have to compare chicken to chicken". He won't budge, but I know deep down my chicken was a 10. The pasta was given a solid 9. I can live with that because it was more than I would have rated it. All three boys liked it better than me. I guess I had higher expectations. I'm not giving up though, I know there are bigger and better things out there waiting for my pesto.
Balsamic Garlic Chicken
4 (6 oz) skinless boneless chicken breasts
1 t salt
1 t pepper
2 T butter
1 T veg oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 T fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 t honey
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Melt butter with oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken and cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken and keep warm. Add chicken broth and next 4 ingredients to skillet and cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Serve chicken with sauce.

5 comments:

  1. This looks awesome, will you rant about me via this medium as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But of course! I wouldn't want to disappoint you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland! I have a hunch you're going to be GREAT at it! But don't be a tease - share recipes when you post gorgeous pictures like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Leslie! I will get those recipes posted for you and thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete